“Improving the cybersecurity posture is beyond human intervention” – In response to this unprecedented challenge, Artificial Intelligence-based tools have emerged. AI technologies learn over time.
Netflix can predict the next movie you should watch and Amazon can predict the product you most likely will buy! But can you predict the cyberattack on your organisation? Not sure? Cybersecurity has been using AI for last 20 years to solve some real issues.
Akhilesh Tuteja, KPMG Global Leader – Cyber Security Consulting Practice & Head of Digital Consulting Practice in India in conversation with Tarun Kumar, CISO, Nissan Digital India delivered the India Keynote on Day 1 of the 9th Annual Dynamic CISO Summit & Excellence Awards 2022. The topic of their Keynote was Artificial Intelligence: Beyond Automation
“AI tries to look at the pattern of events based on the past data. Threat Intelligence, Event Intelligence, and understanding user behavior are cases where Artificial Intelligence is playing a critical role. Artificial Intelligence is not used as much for good causes as it is for bad causes. AI is used more for automated attacks and also fool the AI. ” said Akhilesh Tuteja, KPMG Global Leader – Cyber Security Consulting Practice & Head of Digital Consulting Practice in India
They discussed the following:
- Predictive Capability of AI: The way they store domain-specific information, Mechanisms they use to gain knowledge, acquire new knowledge, and how to put the knowledge to use.
- Current AI Offerings – Do they meet the AI test?
- AI-centered/powered cybersecurity management system – How does it need to look like for organizations?
- AI providing new levels of intelligence
- AI to the rescue of the cybersecurity teams and CISO , at large
- Adoption of AI in cybersecurity
- Using AI for preventing attacks even before they occur
- Affordability of AI for SMB
“There are two aspects of AI – Automation & PredictiveSecurity Aspect,” said Tarun Kumar, CISO, Nissan Digital India
This article is an extract basis the keynote session delivered by Akhilesh Tuteja, KPMG Global Leader – Cyber Security Consulting Practice & Head of Digital Consulting Practice in India in conversation with Tarun Kumar, CISO, Nissan Digital India at the recently concluded dynamicCISO summit on 10 and 11 March ‘22